Thursday, September 9, 2010

Follow up...

For this week's blog I decided to write a little follow up to my post last week. As I said before, I have been having a rough time adjusting to what I would consider a complete revolution in my life. I have a new home, a new job (relatively) and a entirely new schedule. I'm averaging fifty hours a week working at ACS, carrying twelve credit hours at Ball State. My day goes as follows: wake up around 7:00-7:30 AM, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, grab my bag and head out the door for class. After class, I return directly home, around 12:00 or 12:30, depending on the day. I leave for work between 12:45 and 12:55 (any later and I'll arrive late), clock on at or before 1:30 and work until 11:00 PM (or later, if I'm on a call, I have to follow it through all the way to the end). Then I make the 30 minute drive back home, arrive back between 11:30 and 12:00, then I begin my homework. I'm usually up until 2:00-3:00 in the morning, then I go to bed for a few hours and start it all over again.  To top it off, I had to get sick this week with some random cold.

And the oddest part of it all... it was a little easier this week. Please don't mistake this for complaining, I'm not. I'm just merely trying to paint a picture of my average day. Single mothers work full time jobs, maintain households, raise children and go to school all the time, I have no room for complaint. I have a good, steady job with open overtime at time and a half available, which in this economy, is largely unheard of. I may not like the work all the time, but I'm paid well and it's easy work. I'm fully supporting myself, paying my rent, my bills, putting myself through school. I have it great. The adjustment thus far hasn't been easy, and who knows what the road ahead holds, but right now, it's all good...it would just be better with a little more sleep. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment